Thursday, February 25, 2010

Remove Negativity From My Speech

Listen to myself speak today. Whenever I find myself speaking negatively, I'll correct it by immediately turning it into something positive.

I remember when my children were younger, sometimes I would say something to them that I would have given anything to take back. Parenting is filled with opportunities for repeat performances. This exercise will also provide me with opportunities to correct any negativity that creeps in when I speak.

Update: This is an interesting exercise and a difficult one. There were a few times when I adjusted what had started to come out of my mouth. It does feel better to not have regrets from what I've said. My speech isn't perfect, but I will continue to pay attention to what I say. I feel like I'm pretty good with my speech, but there is definitely more work that I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment