Monday, February 15, 2010

Eyes Wide Open

I would like to build on Day 1's exercise. I will wake up and say, “I am thankful and grateful for ….” I will complete this statement with a variety of things such as: I am thankful and grateful for Rascal, (He is my cat and usually is sitting on my bed waiting to be pet each morning.), I am thankful and grateful for this hot shower, I am grateful and thankful for my children, I am grateful and thankful for my nice smelling shampoo, I am grateful and thankful for my hair dryer. Etc. I'd like to keep this up for as much of my morning routine as possible. I am hoping this will remind me that I have tons to be grateful for, from the mundane to the truly important stuff, and that this gratitude will follow me throughout my day.

Update: I didn't enjoy saying I was grateful and thankful for insignificant things like my hairbrush, toothbrush etc., but I did get a real appreciation for my loved ones, my warm home on this wintry day, and my car that got me safely to work. The greatest gift of this exercise was the gratitude I felt for my loved ones. I'd like to try this one when I am out for a walk alone and see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment