Friday, February 26, 2010

Exquisite Speech

Listen to others speak. If others say something inappropriate, I'll try to think of a different way that they could have spoken. I'll also be listening for positive speech.

I'll continue to correct any inappropriate speech from myself.

Update: I had the misfortune of going food shopping on a crowded Saturday morning. In crowded places, people seem more tense. Maybe that's why I heard negative and rude speech in the store. There were some hurtful things said between family members. The highlight of my shopping trip was when my cashier put a huge smile on my face. As I left, she told me to have a beautiful day. How could I not after she said those lovely words to me.

Speech has the power to make me feel good and also to feel bad about myself and others. I don't want to make others feel bad because I thoughtlessly said something that was inappropriate. I am in pursuit of exquisite speech from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment