Friday, February 19, 2010

Gratitude Journal

Start a journal or notebook of gratitude. Though I could continue to say what I am grateful for out loud, I'm hoping that when I write it down, it will help me appreciate and realize all that I have in my life. My intention is to write entries of gratitude in my journal several times a week.

Update: It's Saturday and I spent part of the day doing chores. I was getting a little tense as I witnessed 2 separate car drivers at a traffic light, standing outside of their cars, yelling and cursing at each other. A short time later, a person in another car let me make a left in front of them onto a busy road. As I have been practicing gratitude, I am trying to look past the stress makers and become more aware of all that I have to be grateful for, in this case it was the kindness of a stranger.

Today I wrote a list of 12 items I am grateful for. I wrote it in the format of I am grateful and thankful for … This was repeated for all 12 entries. My entries were written in the evening. I'm curious if I had written in my gratitude journal at the start of my day, if it would have helped me deal with the tensions of shopping and driving in a crowded, intense environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment