Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Olympic Run

The Olympics are on right now. While one of the athletes was waiting to start his ski run, the commentator mentioned that the skier was visualizing his race the way he wanted it to go. I'm going to take that idea for my own.

I will wake up and picture how I want my day to go. Throughout the day, if things aren't going the way I visualized, I'll bring back that positive picture. I'll ask myself if there is a change I can make so my day will go the way I hoped. If so, I'll make the change to get me there.

Update: I wondered if this exercise had anything to do with living a life of gratitude, but I was joyously surprised. Visualizing helped me remain calm when, first thing in the morning, I was greeted by an active, intense person. I spoke with a low, calm voice which brought their intensity and voice level down. It was just as I visualized. Whenever I needed to get my day back to the way I wanted, I would shut my eyes and remember how I wanted the day to go. I have such a feeling of gratitude for having tried, and been successful with, visualization. I felt peaceful today and I'm planning on bringing this activity back often.

No comments:

Post a Comment