Monday, February 22, 2010

Receiving a Compliment

This builds on the please and thank you exercise.

Appreciate when someone pays me a compliment and say thank you rather than something like “This old thing” or “No, I didn't lose weight.” or “It wasn't that difficult.” or “Next time I'll do better.” etc. Being dismissive of someone's compliment is not being gracious to that person. Saying thank you is a way for me to show my gratitude for the compliment.
I hope someone pays me a compliment tomorrow.

Update: After 17 days, someone has finally paid me a compliment. (Today is March 11, 2010.) You know the saying, “When it rains it pours.” I was paid three compliments today. One on what I was wearing. Thank you. Next, was one on my beautiful eyes. Their words not mine. That was by a coworker that I don't know very well and it took me by surprise. Lastly, and my favorite, was someone paid me the compliment of telling me they trusted me. Wow, I'm feeling pretty good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment