Saturday, March 20, 2010

Being Gracious

Even though I am continuing to practice the gracious living activity for the week, I just had to add this activity for today. Since it is Saturday, I am heading out to go food shopping. A lot of times I have witnessed the customer at the cashier being less than gracious. The cashier is not responsible for equipment failure, long lines or others grumpiness we feel the need to share with them. Today, I will be intentional with being gracious to the cashier. I hope this can make up for the lack of grace from some other customer. If they have only had good experiences today, even better. Then, I hope to add to their pleasant experiences.

Update: My cashier was very surprised when I asked about her daughter and how law school was going. My children have told me I will talk to anybody and I've decided to take that as a compliment. I've been talking to cashiers and wishing them a good day for a long time. I've always felt that it's important for all of us to know that what we do is valued by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment