Sunday, October 17, 2010

You're Not The Same As Me?

Today someone had told me how she asked another person a question without thinking about how hurtful it could be. Her question did end up hurting this other person's feelings and she told her that. The original person felt it was the other person's fault for being overly sensitive.

I'm not sure what to do with this experience, but it seems ungracious to me. I just don't understand how, at times, we don't get that our words can be hurtful. We all have different life experiences that may make us more susceptible to certain comments. I don't understand why she just didn't apologize and let her know that she didn't mean to say something hurtful. We are all different and I can't make others respond as I would. I guess that is my lesson to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment