Friday, October 15, 2010

Being Gracious

Today I walked home from work. On my way, I was passed by one person that I felt was determined to chase me off the road with his car. As I continued on, I passed a couple walking two dogs coming towards me on the sidewalk. My first thought was they were taking up the whole sidewalk and gave no signs of moving over. My second thought, was that the right thing to do is move over myself so that they wouldn't have to change theirs or their dogs walking pattern. In the end, it felt right to move onto the street for the dog walkers and great to quickly dismiss any negative feelings initially generated by the driver.

Today's walk was a reminder that it is important for me to be not worry about others doing the right thing, but for me to be gracious and do what feels good. Being gracious builds upon itself to make me feel even more positive.

Instead of worrying about what others are doing, I will focus on being gracious and having that feed my positiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment