Monday, October 18, 2010

It's Not Fair

Yesterday I wrote “We are all different and I can't make others respond as I would.” This was so timely. I had volunteered to put a schedule together at work. As I gathered the information, there was such a fear from the people that would be part of the schedule, that they would be cheated if I did not take into consideration certain facts. Now what was being pointed out was true, but all these deviations would have made the schedule very, very difficult to put together. My feeling was who cares if you have 1 or 2 extra days during the year where you are doing a more difficult task or someone may have 1 or 2 days extra where they are doing an easier task. I was even willing to take the extra difficult days. The problem was that each person differed as to what would be make the schedule fair. By the end of the day, I decided not to put the schedule together as I didn't feel I could satisfy anyone. What I believe is that some of us are very concerned about being cheated and can't see beyond that and this really surprised me.

My husband said, “Aren't you glad you don't have to live your life like that?: Always being angry at real or perceived slights.” Wise man my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment