Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Letting Go Of The Stress

This one is for you sweetie. There are all sorts of ways of dealing with stress. From figuring out what is causing you stress and seeing if there are modifications that can be made to avoid the stress, to basic lifestyle changes that can promote a healthier you. For now, I'll work on promoting a healthier me.

For me, walking relieves stress and for others it could be swimming, running, aerobics, weight training, soccer or some other form of exercise. Next is to eat healthy. There is lots of talk today about eating a rainbow of fruits and veggies. I've read recently that you should try and eat with people for a healthier you. Also, getting enough sleep. Though I find that one easier in theory, but I continue to strive for 7 or 8 hours a night. I also think several of the activities in this blog can help relieve stress: get rid of the negative people or surround yourself with happy, positive people, relax or meditate (I'll write down a meditation technique that works for me in a future blog post and it only took about 20 years to find one that did.), and work on being a happier and more positive me.

I'll look at this topic more tomorrow.

For now, be intentional about promoting a healthier me.

No comments:

Post a Comment