Saturday, July 31, 2010

Assume The Best

Last night, I waited anxiously as my daughter was lost driving home from a concert. The time to get home doubled as she had trouble finding the major road that would get her safely home. This is the first time, since she got her license, that she travelled so far as the driver. I tried a technique that I hoped would make me feel less anxious as I awaited her return home. Instead of thinking about all the bad stuff that could happen to her and her friend, I focused on the other positive possibilities: She would find her way home with the help of GPS on the IPOD touch. She would remain calm and learn that she is a very responsible, resourceful person. She would rise to the occasion.

She came home to us safe, more confident and exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment