Friday, March 18, 2011

Revisiting Touch

On February 21st of this year, I wrote about how powerful touch was between my dad and I. He has lost most of his hearing and he gets very frustrated not being able to hear us. I held his hand and rubbed his arm and I know he was as touched by this as I was. I've thought about that time with my dad a lot over the last month.

When I started dating my husband, the first thing I had to get used to was how his family loved to give hugs. This was very different from my family, but I found I loved it. I've also found that during this time of not feeling well because of the post concussion symptoms that hugs have been something I crave. It has brought me calmness and comfort.

I will be intentional with hugging my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment