Sunday, September 5, 2010

Reflection – Day 200ish

The point of living a life of gratitude for me, is to live my life with the intention of becoming the best person I can be. These are the things I've done that seem to have the greatest impact on others feeling better about themselves around me and what I've learned along the way about myself.

Others seem to appreciate when I listen to them, smile, say hello, ask how they are doing, say thank you and show real appreciation for their help. I also believe it has been very helpful to just recognize how difficult of a time people may be having, but that I recognize their efforts.

Since I've started intentionally living a life of gratitude, I feel much happier because I realize what an amazing life I have. I feel more able to ride out difficult situations and I am more likely to stay positive by looking at the good in each situation rather than focus on the not so good. It has been a very enlightening and appreciative experience for me and I am looking forward to the next 100 days journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment