Thursday, June 17, 2010

Speak Up I Can't Hear You

When I was growing up, my mom and her 2 sisters would have this amazing talent of having a conversation while they talked simultaneously. One sister was louder than the other. Now that I'm older, I wonder if they heard anything the other sister was saying? Were they only interested in getting their point of view across?

To continue on my journey to be a successful, active listener, I'm not going to interrupt someone that I am conversing with. I will allow them to complete their part of the conversation and truly listen to what they are saying. I will not interrupt them as they are speaking, especially if I have a different point of view. Concentrating on what the other person is saying, and not assuming I know what they are going to say, will help me be a more respectful, appreciative communicator.

No comments:

Post a Comment