Friday, April 9, 2010

Rewind

As mentioned before, there is a lot of anxiety over potential layoffs at my place of work. The roller coaster ride of emotions is stressful. One minute I feel like my friends and I will survive the downsizing and in the next, something is said that makes me think I'll be let go. I've had enough of looking at aspects of my life from a negative perspective. For the next few days, I'd like to work on releasing negativity from my live as much as I can control.

Think about the things I feel bad or guilty about. Today explore one of those. Is there something I can do to make it right? Replay the situation, but this time replace the negativity, the thing I feel bad about, with how I wish I had responded originally. I always play the game of replaying something I said or did with what I wished I had said or done. Next, if this involves some wrong I caused to a person, I could even contact this person, apologize, hope they accept the apology, and whether they accept it or not, I'll move on and release the guilt.

Update: Since I started this journey about 8 weeks ago, I've become more aware of aspects of myself and my life that need some work. Making amends for relationships that need more attention is now a major priority in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment