Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Will I See My Shadow

It's Ground Hogs Day and the yearly forecast from Punxsutawney Phil is an early spring. Winter snow and ice storms have hit a lot of the the US. Here in NJ, I'm witnessing my second day of an ice storm. There is the danger of driving on the roads, potential power outages, water damage from ice dams and other winter hazards. But, as I look out my backyard, I see the pretty ice covered limbs, the icicles dripping, and the birds landing on the snow. There really is beauty to be found in the most unpleasant of circumstances.

Today I will practice seeing beauty and feeling gratitude as I go throughout my day.

Update: I was grateful for the beauty that surrounds me and ever grateful for the beauty to be in a few short months.

No comments:

Post a Comment