Thursday, February 17, 2011

Take Out The Garbage

I was listening to a coworker talking about being upset with her husband over him not taking out the garbage. Again. Sound familiar. She wanted his chores to be things she would never have to think about. Then she talked about how he had gone out and bought her a space heater for her art room in her cold basement and how much she loved it. He went on to do a few more thoughtful acts, but she was still fixating on the garbage. Now I can relate to what she was complaining about, but in the scheme of things, does it matter. My husband goes out every Sunday to buy me the paper and I have never asked him to do that for me. It is just something he does because he is a great guy.

It's easy to let the things people don't do upset us, but now I'd rather focus on the things people do for me. I know their kindness and thoughtfulness will allow me to more appreciative of them and will make me a happier, more grateful person.

I'm letting go of the garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment