Friday, January 7, 2011

Looking At The Positive

In anticipation of a snow storm that will hit my area overnight through the afternoon, I started obsessing over all the bad stuff that can happen.: A rough, slippery commute or driving home from work in a whiteout. Then I decided to focus on the positives of a snowstorm: The beauty of snow covering the evergreens, ice crystals on window panes, and catching snowflakes on my tongue. Focusing on the things I enjoy about a snowstorm has changed my attitude from dread to excitement.

Look for the good.

Update: I forgot to post this last night, but I'll post it with the results. The snowstorm kinda happened. Before leaving for work, I soaked in the beauty of my backyard's snow covered trees and even caught a snowflake on my tongue. Driving to work was a bit slippery, but I felt calm and in control. My attitude was very positive and I was able to not become anxious in anticipation of the drive to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment