Monday, May 3, 2010

Intentional Gratitude

There is so much to be grateful for in my life. The previous activity reminded me how 3 people helped me in my life. I'd like to expand on this activity with intentionally looking for how others are kind and helpful to me. I'll notice if someone opens a door for me, gets something off a shelf for me, brings me a napkin, pen, my printouts from the printer or any other minor or major act of kindness or helpfulness. I would imagine that most acts of kindness I am the recipient of would be considered minor acts. So what. In opening up my eyes to all acts of kindness, I hope to more appreciative and grateful of others and become kinder myself. At the end of my day, I will write these acts of kindness in my gratitude journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment