Saturday, April 2, 2011

Paying For College, Oh My

It's that time again for me. My 3rd and youngest child is getting her undergraduate offers of financial aid. Next year I will have 2 in college. Plus my oldest daughter will be returning to graduate school in a 5 year program. Will I be able to help her? I know she isn't expecting help, but still. I'm feeling the pressure of how will I pay for college. Do I need to get a new job? A third job? But, I'm going to use my own advice. I need to feel the joy of helping them with their college expenses. I need to be joyful that my money has been used to help my children experience college and all that it brings. Paying for college will work out as it has so far. I need to stop worrying about it and instead put a plan in place for college payment, since this will help me move into my comfort zone. I need to be grateful for what I've been able to do so far and be grateful for whatever I will be able to do going forward.

Feel the joy of giving my children a college education. Let go of the worry of continuing to pay for college and instead, work on a plan to help as I can. Feel the blessing of being able to give what I can give and know that it is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment