Thursday, December 9, 2010

I Need Some Sleep

I've read that sleep deprivation is linked to depression, obesity, hypertension, type 2 diabetes and heart disease. It is also linked to irritability, less effective memory retention, impatience and moodiness. There are also a lot of us admitting to falling asleep while driving or if not that, at least driving while exhausted. Am I really showing appreciation for my health by sleeping so poorly night after night? Isn't it about time that I gave myself the respect I deserve? You bet.

I am going to try to sleep at least 7 hours a night.

2 comments:

  1. I read a study that stated that driving while sleep deprived can be as dangerous as drunk driving-- if not more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The statistics on accidents caused by driving when drowsy are very high.

    ReplyDelete